Ahupe Ghat is at the height of 3855 feet from sea level and falls under Murbad region, is ideal for a pleasant one day trek especially in monsoons with some astonishing view from the terrain. It is nestled among the mountains from three sides and valley on one side.It`s a pass leading from Khopiwali in the Konkan to Ahupe village in the Ghats.
Ahupe Ghat is also famous for its Devrai Story. Devrai – The Sacred Groves of Maharashtra. These Devrais are nothing but religiously preserved forest patches. Ahupe near Bhimashankar has such Devrai – protected by faith of nearby tribal people “Mahadeo Kolis”. Ahupe Devrai is a success story. If fact in last 3 to 4 year they have planted several thousand trees that are growing well.
Ahupe Short Info:
Height: 2137 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: Medium (Approx 2 hrs Walk).
Base Village: Khopivali.
Bhimashankar is the sixth Jyotirling in the series of Dwadasha Jyotirlingas. The temple is very old and surrounded by a scenic nature with green forest. The temple is located at Dakini hill (Shikharam). Nana Padnis of Peshwa kingdom has improved this place to a great extent and built the beautiful temple.
Bhimashankar Short Info:
Height: 3500 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: Medium (Approx 4 hrs walk)
Base Village: Khandas.
There is a Continuous water flow from this Jyotirlinga, which is the speciality of this place. Some more places of interest here are Kamalaja Devi temple, origin of Bhima River, Bombay point and Hanuman temple.
The sanctuary is small (only about 100 sq. km’s), but it is home to a wide variety of animals Leopard, Sambhar, Barking deer, Grey Jungle fowls, Wild pig, Hanuman langur etc. The sanctuary is famous as the home of a highly endangered subspecies of the Indian Giant Squirrel – Shekharu.
What is included in the tour
- Kalyan to Khopivali Travelling by Sumo/max locally arranged
- Two Breakfast
- Saturday Dinner
- Sunday Lunch
- Local Home Stay for both Night
- Khandas to Karjat Travelling by Sumo/max locally arranged
What is NOT included in the tour
- Extra food (Private Orders).
- Personal Expenditure of any kind.
- INSURANCE Coverage.
- Ahupe Ghat
- Devrai Of Ahupe
- Water Cistern enroute (all 12 months drinking water)
- Views of Gorakh-Machhindra Gad
- Bhatti Platue (An Open Platue)
- Bhimashankar wild life
- Bhima river Starting point
- Temple of God Shiva & Hanuman Temple
- Decend Via Ghanapati Ghat
Meeting Point: (Night)
- @ Kalyan ST Depo 10.00 pm.
- Will catch arranged Private Jeeps Or Sumo for Khopivali .
- 12.30 am: Will reach to base village and stay at local villager home.
- 02.00 am: Reach to base village and depend upon rain Lead will take call to move or not.
- 05.10 am: Wake up call.
- 06.00 am: Get ready for the trek with tea & Snacks.
- 09.00 am: Will reach to top of Ahupe Ghat and will have breakfast with Tea.
- 11.00 am: Till time we will enjoy scenic views, Photography and enjoy waterfall.
- 11.15 am: Start for Next walk which consist ascend through jungle route & Open platue Walk know as Bhattiche Raan with magnificent views
- 01.00 pm: Lunch in between
- 04.30 pm: Reach to Bhimashankar. (If all Ok then will visit Nagfani).
- 08.30 pm: Diner.
- 10.00 pm: Good night.
- 06.30 am: Good Morning Rangers.
- 07.00 am: Visit To Bhimashnkar Temple
- 08.00 am: Start Descend via Ganesh Ghat with some sweet memories.
- 12.30 pm: Reach to Khandas.
- 01.00 pm: Will have Lunch at Local Villager home.
- 02.00 pm: Start travelling by sumo to Karjat.
- 03.30 pm: Will reach to Karjat Station
- Lunch for Saturday
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID proof
- Approx. 4 ltr water.
- Torch with extra batteries
- Plate, Spoon, Bowl.
- Bedding like Shawl-Mat Or Sleeping Bag
- Woolen Jacket
- Some snacks
- Should wear good trekking shoes.
- Full sleeve Shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant.
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woollen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
For Registration & more details, contact our "Rangers"
(If call not received then please whatsapp)