Height: 4500 ft. (approx.)
Base Village: Khireshwar.
Harishchandragad: The fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the medieval period. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. The Great sage Changdev (creator of the epic Tatvasaar) used to meditate on Taramati/Rohidas in 14th century. The caves are also from the same period. Harishchandra gad was captured by the Marathas in 1747 from the Moguls.
Taramati: Also known as Taramanchi. This is the top most point on the fort. It is the second highest peak in Maharashtra after kalsubai. Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad and Napta twin peaks,Ghodishep (865 meters),Ajoba (1375 meters),Kulang fort (1471 meters)in the north near the Kasara region.
Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff): The most fascinating spot on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and sunset. This cliff is not just vertical; it is an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood. One amazing phenomenon that can be observed at this place is the vertical cloud burst, in which the clouds nearing the cliff get sucked into the pit fall area below are thrown vertically into the sky reaching more than 50 feet (15 m).
Kedareshwar: The cave of Kedareshwar has a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water. It is quite difficult to reach the Shivlinga because the water is ice-cold. There are sculptures carved out here. Local legend holds that when the forth piller breaks, the world will come to an end.
What is included in the tour
- Sat/Sun Breakfast: Theplas or Kanda-poha & tea on availability
- Sat Dinner : Locally made Veg food only.
- Sun Lunch : Locally made Veg food only.
- From Kalyan to Kalyan by local vehicle like ST / Max Jeep.
Stay & Facility:
- Accommodation in Caves
What is NOT included in the tour
- Extra food (Private Orders),
- Saturday Lunch
- Personal Expenditure of any kind, INSURANCE Coverage,
- Any other charges not specifically mention in “Cost includes”.
- Bisleri Water etc
- Cloud Special Trek
- Taramati View
- Kokan Kada
- Ganesh Caves and more
- Temple of Gods and Structures.
Meeting Point: (Night)
- @ Kalyan ST Depo 9.50 pm.
- Will catch the S.T. bus for Khireshwar.
- 12.50 am: From Khireshwar-Khubi phata will move towards base.
- 02.00 am: Reach to base village and stay in school.
- 05.00 am: Will start the trek.
- 09.00 am: Will reach to cave and will have breakfast & Tea
- 10.00 am: Explore surrounding.
- 01.00 pm: Lunch & Rest.
- 03.30 pm: Ready to visit Kokankada
- 05.30 pm: Explore Kokan Kada magnificent views.
- 06.30 pm: Eve Refreshment.
- 08.30 pm: Diner.
- 10.00 pm: Good night.
- 05.30 am: Good Morning Rangers.
- 06.00 am: Move towards 2nd highest pick of Maharashtra Taramati.
- 09.00 am: Visit kedareshwar Temple.
- 09.30 am: Will start descending towards Khireshwar.
- 01.00 pm: Will have Lunch at Aishwarya Hotel.
- 02.30 pm: At Khubi Phata to catch ST for Kalyan.
- 05.30 pm: Will reach to Kalyan.
- Lunch for Saturday
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID proof
- Approx. 4 ltr water.
- Torch with extra batteries
- Plate, Spoon, Bowl.
- Bedding like Shawl-Mat Or Sleeping Bag
- Woolen Jacket as per your comfort
- Some snacks
- Should wear good trekking shoes.
- Full sleeve Shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant.
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woollen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Note: It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”.
Dipendra: 9967435673 / 7666624123
Sudhir: - 91675 46547