Trek Type: Hill Trek
Height: 2625 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Matheran: (The most unpolluted Hill-Station of Maharashtra)The climate of Matheran is very cool. The most unforgettable things about Matheran are deep forest and the waterfalls nearby, especially in rainy season. The beauty of the hill station gets doubled in monsoon. Matheran is truly ‘The Best Hill Station in Maharashtra. Matheran is most splendid hill station in Maharashtra; it covers an area of 8 square kilometers in Sahyadris. This lovely spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of Thane district.
Garbett point is located on South-west side of Matheran with grand view of the plateau. Descend via Sunset point leads to Dodhani village on Panvel side.
What is included in the tour
- Karjat to Ambewadi by Echo and return travelling from Dasturi to Neral by Taxi
- Breakfast & tea
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Khopoli Fast Local
09:58 pm CST
10:05 pm Byculla
10:11 pm Dadar
10:19 pm Kurla
10:23 pm Ghatkopar
10:39 pm Thane
10:51 pm Dombivli
11:02 pm Kalyan
11:53 pm Karjat
Meeting Point : Karjat Railway Station at 12:00 am
00:49 - Reach Karjat Station. This is the final meeting point and travel to base village in a tumtum.
02:00 - Reach base village and start the trek
05:30 - Reach top and take rest for an hour so carry some bedding
06:30 - Watch sunrise and walk towards Dasturi Naka
07.30 - Have breakfast and take a cab to Neral
08.30 - Reach Neral and take a local back to Mumbai.
Kindly Note: for 9th June 2019
You can join us for another trek to Peb. (Please Concern to lead)
Things to Carry:
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID proof
- Approx. 4 ltr water.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Some snacks.
- Extra Cloths like Full sleeve Shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant, towel etc.
- Sleeping bag.
- Should wear good trekking shoes.
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woollen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost in future so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Registration & more details, contact our "Rangers"
(If call not received then please whatsapp)