VRangers Sahyadri Trek : Night Trek To Gorakhgad
Fort Height: 2137 ft.
Type: Hill forts.
Fort Range: Karjat-Murbad.
The region of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover. Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was had strategic importance during the Shree Shahaji Raje period. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji's era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his "Sadhana" in this place.
What is included in the tour
- Traveling From Kalyan To Kalyan Via Public Transport Like Jeep / ST.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Medical coverage
- Anything other than mentioned in Inclusion.
Day 1st Ngt:
- Meeting Point: @ Kalyan ST Depo by 10 pm.
Train Timings: Ambernath Slow Local (A)
- CST 08:40
- Masjid 08:43
- Byculla 08:48
- Dadar 08:58
- Kurla 09:08
- Ghatkopar 09:14
- Bhandup 09:24
- Thane 09:36
- Dombivali 10:00
- Kalyan 10:10
- Will catch local vehicle for Dehri
- 12.30am: @ Dehri-Murbad.
- 01.00am: With an intro round will move to gorakh gad cave.
- 02.30am: Reach to door of Gorakhgad
- 03.30 am: Reach to cave and will rest here.
- 07.00 am: With B/F & Tea get ready to feel the thrill of Gorakhgad Top with an straight Steps climb
- 08.00 am: Reach on top and explore surrounding.
- 09.30 am: Back to cave
- 12.30 pm: At dehri & Lunch.
- 01.00 pm: VEG Lunch
- 02.30 pm: Move towards Kalyan.
- 04.30 pm: @ Kalyan.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Id Proof
- Approx 3 Ltr Water
- Sunday Lunch
- Torch With Extra Batteries
- Some Snacks
- Should Wear Good Trekking Shoes
- Full Sleeve Shirt/T-Shirt & Full Pant.
- Carry Some Extra Cloths
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Cap, Sunglasses, Woolen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry, mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Note: It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.