VRangers Adventures Padargad Trek
Type: Hill Fort.
Height: 2202 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Khandas.
Padargad is situated in between Bhimashankar and Nagphani (Snakes hood).The base village is khandas which is about 25km from karjat. Padargad is adjoined to Bhimashankar on its one side’s end. From the Nagphani peak of Bhimashankar, one can see the mesmerizing view of the valley below and the semi circular cliff connecting to Padargad. The peak looks like Kalavantin durga from base.
This trek is famous for its Chimny Climb to reach top. In the sport of climbing, chimneys are a type of crack within a cliff structure that is wide enough for your body to fit inside. Chimney climbing is all about finding the right rhythm and hitting the sweet spot while using opposing pressures exerted with your hands, feet, knees, and back on the sidewalls. Climbers advance upwards simply by pulling and pushing against the side.
The key is to be patient and take short steps instead of big, fast moves. Both sides of a chimney are used to slide and exert pressure, while knees maintain and balance the flow of pressure and continuity of advancement.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Karjat to Karjat by local vehicle.
- Lunch (Veg Only)
- Evening Tea or Refreshment.
- Expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Medical coverage
- Anything other than mentioned in Inclusion.
Trail Of Ganesh Ghat
Approx 10-15 ft of Chimny Climb
View Of two small Hollow structure Pinnacles named as Nandi & Vishnu.
Meeting Point: (Night)
- People from suburban can join same train at their respective stations (Check below time at major stations).
KHOPOLI FAST (Bhandup) Train :
- CST : 09.58 PM
- Byculla : 10.05 PM
- Dadar : 10.11 PM
- Kurla : 10.19 PM
- Ghatkopar : 10.23 PM
- Bhandup : 10.31 PM
- Thane : 10.39 PM
- Dombivali : 10.51 PM
- Kalyan : 11.02 PM
- Ambernath : 11.12 AM
- Badlapur : 11.19 AM
- Karjat : 11.53 AM
- 12.50 AM: Move towards Khandas Village by Local Transport tum tum / tracks.
- 02.00 AM: Will reach to Base village & take rest till 5.30 am so carry bedding.
- 06.30 AM: With Breakfast, Introduction & Instruction.
- 09.00 AM: Will be at Chimney climb.
- 10.30 AM: Will Reach on top & explore surrounding.
- 11.30 AM: Return Journey towards Khandas and lunch
- 04.00 PM: @Khandas.
- 05:30 PM: Reach Karjat Station.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- One more small bag required while climbing (to carry water bottles, snacks and belongings).
- ID Proof.
- Approx 3 Ltr Water.
- Torch With Extra Batteries.
- Carry bedding like mat and shwal.
- Some Snacks.
- Should Wear Good Trekking Shoes, Canvas Shoes is advisable while climbing.
- Full Sleeve Shirt/T-Shirt & Full Pant.
- Carry Some Extra Cloths.
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Cap, Sunglasses, Woolen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry, mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Note: It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation