Velas is enclosed by mountains on three sides and open to the sea on the fourth. Tucked away in a remote corner of Ratnagiri District, Velas has recently opened the doors of its scenic backdrops to the world of tourism. This village is one of the first in India to practice eco-tourism through community participation, where it’s not just the run of the mill touristy attractions one can see, but also open themselves to an entirely different lifestyle experience!!!!!!!
Route: Mumbai - Panvel - Harihareshwar – Velas - Bankot Fort- Vice versa.
Approx Distance: 550 km.
Region: Ratnagiri - Bagmandala.
Cost :- For Bikers & Pillions Rs.1100/-
For Tour :- Rs.2699/-
Velas is the birth place of Nana Phadnis, one of the great prominent personalities in Maratha history. Due to the sea-shore Velas is an exciting place and it is situated near Bankot Bay. There is an old temple of Shri Bhairi- Rameshwar and in this temple all twelve months water is made available taking the benefit of favorable geographical conditions. A statue of Nana Phadnis is present outside his house. In Velas, Mahalakshmi temple and Nana Phadnis house are the places to visit. Gokul-ashtami Festival is one of the important festivals in Velas.
Bankot’s Himmat Gadh: Himmat Gadh, a fort situated at Bankot, also goes by the name of Bavankot Quila and has existed well before the time of independence. The story behind the name ‘Bavankot Quila’ is that long back, the tax collected from the farmers on this land equalled the sum of “bavan kot” or 52crores!
The fort also serves as a memorial for Queen Victoria, with it also being known by the name of Fort Victoria. Rumor has it, that an underground passage also exists, but it’s very likely that it has been shut now. A well, worn dry over time, can also be found there.
Harihareshwar: Dakshin Kashi is famous pilgrim place with ancient Shiv Temple and Kalbhairav Temple situated on the Dakshin Kashi. It also has a beautiful beach which is rocky on one side and a clean sand beach on the other side.
Click to Check Photos (2010 Old Memories): Velas 20
What is included in the tour
Note: Those who are non bikers we will organize private transport depend on participation size
- Day1 / Day2 Breakfast.
- 1 Dinner (Day1)
- Local home stay on sharing basis in village
- Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Day 1 / Day2 Lunch. (Self Table Share)
- Extra food (Private Orders).
- Personal Expenditure of any kind.
- any kind of INSURANCE Coverage.
- Any other charges not specifically mention in “Inclusions”.
Bike Ride to Velas
Local Home stay and Delicious food
Bankot Fort / Himmatgad
Bikers: Panvel-Datta Guru Snacks 7.00 am
Non Bikers: Will Coordinate (Min 7 ppl Required)
07.00 am: With breakfast will start our ride to Velas.
11.00 am: Will Visit harihareshwar beach
12.30 pm: Will have lunch in route.
03.00 pm: Reach bagmandla, from here by jetty we will reach to vesavi.
04.15 pm: Reach to Velas and take some rest.
05.15 pm: With eve tea ready to enjoy sunset at beach and turtles egg hatch.
08.30 pm: Will Have Veg Food Dinner.
09.30 pm: With some fun / masti & memories retire for the day
06.00 am: Wake-up Call and get fresh n up.
08.00 am: Breakfast and once again will visit beach for turtles.
10.00 am: Visit Bankot and start return journey
01.30 pm: Lunch near Mangaon
07.00 pm: At Panvel.
- Bedding material like Mat-Shawl or Sleeping Bag
- Water min 2 ltr.
- Personal Identification (Compulsory)
- Bike’s Legal papers
- Helmet (for both)
- Insurance papers and PUC is must)
- Driving License
- Cap & Sunglasses
- Mosquito’s repellent
- Woolen Jacket (as per comfort)
- Hand-gloves while biking as per comfort
- Extra pair of cloths etc.
- Shoes are compulsory for all the members (Riders and Pillion)
- Electoral / Energy powder & Snacks
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
- Since Biking is adventurous / Dangerous and risky activity your participation is solely on your own wish."VRangers Adventure And Trekking" would not be responsible for any uncertainties happening to him and also the members who accompanies him after the warning.
- It's advisable to get your bike Serviced / Repaired before the ride so that we all can have safe ride.
- Over Speeding / Rash Driving would result in immediate expulsion from the tour. Please ensure safety for yourself and other people on road.
- It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Reg & more details, contact Our "Rangers"
Dipendra : 99674 35673 / 76666 24123
Sandip: 93202 57051
Plz do whatsapp / sms if call not received.