Fort Height: 2137 ft.
Type: Hill forts.
Fort Range: Karjat-Murbad.
The region of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover. Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was had strategic importance during the Shree Shahaji Raje period. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji's era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his "Sadhana" in this place.
What is included in the tour
- Traveling From Kalyan To Kalyan Via Public Transport Like Jeep / ST.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Medical coverage
- Anything other than mentioned in Inclusion.
◆ Small temple of Mahadev - Lord Shiva and idol of Nandi
◆ Spacious Big Caves for Relaxation
◆ Amazing surrounding view of Machhindragad and Deccan Plateau
◆ Cisterns / water tank
◆ Saint Gorakhnath Temple
◆ Simply mesmerising View after top submit
◆ Steep 90 degree rock with very few steps, Climb patch, dense forest walk and Thrilling trek experience.
@ Kalyan ST Depo by 6.45 am
Train Timings: Asangaon Slow Local (AN)
- CST: 5.14 am
- Byculla: 5.22 am
- Dadar: 5.32 am
- Sion: 5.38 am
- Ghatkopar: 5.49 am
- Bhandup: 6.00 am
- Mulund: 6.06 am
- Thane: 6.10 am
- Mumbra: 6.20 am
- Dombivali: 6.32 am
- Kalyan: 6.41 am.
- 06.50am: Catch ST for Murbad.
- 08.00am: Will have tea-b/f and will move towards Dehri.
- 09.20 am: With an intro round will move to Gorakhgad cave.
- 10.40 am: Reach to door of Gorakhgad
- 11.30 am: reach to cave and will rest here.
- 12.15 pm: With the thrill of steps of gorakhgad reach on top and explore surrounding.
- 01.15 pm: Back to cave and have self Lunch & rest.
- 02.15 pm: Move towards dehri.
- 04.35 pm: At dehri.
- 07.00 pm: Back to kalyan.
A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
Approx 3 Ltr Water
Torch With Extra Batteries
Should Wear Good Trekking Shoes
Full Sleeve Shirt/T-Shirt & Full Pant.
Carry Some extra cloths
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woolen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry, mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Note: It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”,
Sandip : 9320257051
Ananda : 9892219155
(Registration will be done by phone call only, so if call not received then please sms your name & mail-id).