Kalsubai lies in the Sahyadri mountain range. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view.
The highest peak in the world is “Mount Everest”. Likewise, Kalsubai is the highest peak in the Sahyadris in Maharashtra. Kalsubai is the Everest of Maharashtra.
Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. There is a symbolic Kalsubai temple at the top.
Trek: Kalsubai Via Bari
Height: 5400 ft (approx.)
Base Village: Bari
It is said that Kalsubai name is taken from a Koli girl named Kalsu.' Kalsu, according to the story, was fond of wandering in the forest. One day she came to Indor at the foot of the hill now called Kalsubai and took service with a Koli family on condition that she should not be asked to clean pots or to sweep. Matters went smoothly till, one day, one of the family ordered Kalsu to clean some pots and clear away some Utter. She did as she was bid, bat, immediately after, climbed the hill and stayed on its top till her death. Where she cleaned the pots is known as Thale Mel, and where she cleared away the litter as Kaldara. The hill is a natural stronghold about ten miles south-east of Igatpuri, the nearest railway station. Its top is a cone with room only for a small shrine and a trigonometrical survey cairn. There is a large lower shoulder without remains of buildings, and the absence of water cisterns shows that the hill was never used as a fort.
What is included in the tour
- Dadar To Dadar By Private Non AC Vehicle
- Breakfast & Tea
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Medical coverage
- Anything other than mentioned in Inclusion.
- Kalsubai Bari Iron ladders routes.
- The climbing highest peak of Maharashtra - Kalsubai
- Top view - Most of the prominent mountain ranges.
Meeting Point: DADAR EAST NEAR PRITAM DHABA at 10.30 PM another pick up point will be informed on call
03.40 am: At Bari & will take rest in Vehicle itself.
05.50 am: Wake up call.
06.00 am: Introduction Round, Instructions, Morning Breakfast
06.30 am: Start the Trek with sunshine.
10.00 am: Summit Kalsubai & Explore surrounding with some historical info of the same.
11.00 pm: Will start descend to Bari village.
02.00 pm: Will reach to bari and here will have Villager Lunch (made by a local villager).
03.50 pm: Will start moving back to Mumbai
07:50 pm: will reach Dadar tentative.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things So that one has hands free while trekking,
- id proof,
- approx. 3 ltr water,
- Torch with extra batteries,
- some snacks,
- Should wear good trekking shoes,
- Preferable full sleeve shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant
- Carry some extra clothes.
- If you have any medical issues please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
- Cap, Sunglasses,
- Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery
- Mosquito’s repellent,
- Electoral / Energy powder & 2 Lemon
- (It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.)
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost in the future so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Registration & more details, contact our "Rangers"
Sudhir 9167546547 / 8104929907
Please Whatsapp if a call not received.