Trek: Irshal Gad.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3700 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Irshalwadi.
Irshalgad is situated in the Karjat Region. Other forts in this region include Prabalgad, Kalawantin and Malanggad. Actually Irshal is not a fort but it’s a pinnacle. Shivaji Maharaj captured the complete region of Kalyan and Bhiwandi, up to Rairi in May 1666.This fort too, must have come under the Maratha rule at that time.
Irshal is the next-door neighbour to Prabalgad. As mentioned above, Irshal is a pinnacle. There is a water tank on the route from the Irshal plateau to the peak. From there, we reach the needle hole near the top through a simple rock-climbing route. Proceeding little ahead, we see a water tank to the left and a cave to the right. This water is suitable for drinking. The route, which climbs up from near the needle hole goes to the top of the pinnacle. To reach the top of the pinnacle, it is essential to have artificial rock climbing equipment (we are not going to climb top). From the top we can see the forts of Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala and Manikgad.
What is included in the tour
- B/f & T,
- Travelling from Karjat to Karjat by local vehicle.
- Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meal/cold drink / Extra food (Private Orders),
- Packaged Water
- Personal expenses/tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under “Inclusions”.
◆ Irshal is not a fort but it’s a pinnacle which was captured by King of Maratha in may 1666
◆ 'Nedhe' or 'Eye of the Needle'. Natural hole in the mountain top probably caused by wind erosion.
◆ Rock cut water cisterns
◆ Simple rock climbing route patch to reach til nedhe
◆ Natural scenic beauty of surrounding area
◆ Mesmerizing view of Morbe Dam
◆ Neighbouring forts like Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala and Manikgad... can seen from the top
Meeting Point: Karjat Railway Station
Train Timetable: CST- Karjat Fast Local (S)
CST: 06.10 am | Dadar 06.24 am | Ghatkopar 06.35 am |
Thane 06.49 am | Kalyan 07.13 am | Badlapur 07.25 am |
- 07.55 am: Move towards Base Village of Irshal Gad from Karjat Railway Station by Local Transport tum tum.
- 09.30 am: Introduction Round, Instructions & Start the trek
- 11.00 am: Reach at Irshal wadi machi.
- 12.30 pm: Reach cave & Irshal Nedhe.
- 01.30 pm: Descend towards Machi.
- 02.30 pm: Reach at irshalwadi Machi & will have lunch.
- 03.30 pm: Return journey towards Karjat
- 06.00 pm: At Karjat station.
Check List: (Rain Shower expected so please pack your bags accordingly.)
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID Proof
- Lunch & Approx 3 Ltr Water
- Torch With Extra Batteries
- Some Snacks
- Should Wear Good Trekking Shoes, Canvas Shoes is advisable while climbing.
- Full Sleeve Shirt/T-Shirt & Full Pant.
- Carry Some Extra Cloths
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Cap, Sunglasses, Woolen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry, mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Note: It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”,
Registration will be done by phone call only, so if call not received then please sms your name & mail-id.