Mahal Mirya Dongar is a village in the taluka of Pen in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. In 1662 Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj attacked Mira Dongar ( 10 km directly from southeast Pen ) and raided Pen. But the mughal defence held on. People of this village are living in very peaceful manner. This village having very proud history. Agriculture is the main profession of this village.
Mirya Mahal is the place located 6 miles to the southwest of the Pen in Raigad District area , historical evidences are mentioned when Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj fought with Mughals in the conquest of Dabhol , Maratha activities were resumed at the beginning of 1662. Shivaji attacked Namdar Khan, at Mira Dongar (6 miles south-east of Pen), and then raided the rich city of Pen. The Mughal defence was obstinate and Shivaji’s forces suffered a heavy loss killed and wounded. the place becomes heaven in monsoon and the surrounding area is perfect for one day outing.
The trek Mirgad to Vyaghreshwar is almost unknown and takes one to an ancient temple of Lord Shiva situated in a corner of Raigad district (near the town of Pen) in Konkan. The view from the temple is beautiful and one can even catch glimpses of the sea, if visibility permits. A huge waterfall flows near the temple in the monsoons. In other seasons, the tranquil surroundings of the temple bring peace to the mind. Mirgad & Ratnagad are the forts nearby with Pen being the closest town.
Trek:Mahal Mirya Dongar / Mir gad / Mira Dongar
Duration: 1 Ngt + 1 Day
What is included in the tour
- Saturday Veg Dinner
- Sunay Breakfast & Tea
- Evening Refreshment
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Ticket to and from (Transport –Panvel –Kasu )
- Lunch for the Day
- Medical coverage or anything other than mentioned above.
- Mahal Mirya Dongar / Mira gad / Mira Dongar
- Water Cistern
- Mirgad Platue
- A high beautiful waterfalls in route behind the temple
- Vyaghreshwar Mandir
- Amazing View From Top
For Mumbai Rangers:
Train Timings : Diva - Roha Passenger - 71095
- Diva Jn – 08.00 pm
- Kalamboli – 08.29 pm
- Panvel – 08.37 pm
- Pen – 09.37 pm
- Kasu– 09.50 pm (get down here)
The rangers who are coming from Mumbai / Pune can catch the Diva - Roha DMU Passenger - 71095 from respective station Platform & get down at Kasu Railway station.
Meeting Point: Kasu Station at 9.50 pm
- 10.00 pm: Gather at Kasu Station and further move to Village.
- 10.30 pm: Reach Nearest base Village.
- 11.00 pm: Local home stay (Please come with Sleeping bag or Mat-Blanket).
- 11.30 pm: Good Night.
- 05.30 am : Wake up Call & Get Fresh.
- 06.30 am: Tea & Breakfast. Keep your Unnecessary Luggage.
- 07.30 am: Start Trekking towards Mirgad Fort.
- 11.00 am: Reach on top of Mirgad Fort. Explore the Fort.
- 11.30 am: Lunch time (Please come with your Lunch)
- 12.30 am: Start descending towards Base.
- 03.30 pm: Reach to base Village.
- 04.00 pm : Have some evening refreshment
- 04.30 pm: Bag pack and Starts return Journey
- 05.30 pm: Reach at Kasu Station to catch(50206 SWV Diva Passenger) and back to Mumbai.
Compulsory items: (Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.)
- Min. 3-4 ltr Water,
- Lunch for sunday,
- Torch with extra batteries
- Bedding like Sleeping bag or Mat-Blanket,
- a proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking,
- some snacks,
- Should wear good trekking shoes,
- full sleeve shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant.
"If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid, carry some extra cloths."
Non-compulsory items but helpful: (It’s totally self responsibility to take care of things.)
- Camera ,
- Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery,
- Mosquito’s repellent,
- Electoral / Energy powder,
- 2 Lemon.
For Registration & more details, contact our "Rangers"