Surgad or God's Fort in the north-east of the Roha taluka and eight miles east of Roha town consists of a long and exceedingly narrow spur running south from the range of hills which separates Roha from Alibag and Nagothana.
In February 1818 Surgad was taken, along with Avacitgad by Colonel Prother's force [Nairne's Konkan, 114; Pendhari and Maratha Wars, 208.]. Besides the building described above, there are several other small ruined houses. Local tradition ascribes the building of the fort to Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. From top you will have a great look of river Kundalika and mystique views of western ghat region.
What is included in the tour
- Equipment Charge.
- Expertise Charge.
- Travelling from Nagothane railway station to Nagothane by arranged tum-tum / Max / Tata Magic Rick.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch or Any kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather etc..
- Any kind of insurance or medical coverage
Meeting Point: 08.30 am at Nagothane Railway Station.
To reach you can follow below train with your ticket or you can catch ST for Nagothane from Panvel.
Train Time: Diva - Sawatwadi Passenger (50105)
Diva Jn : 06.20 am
Panvel : 07.00 am
Pen : 07.59 am
Nagothane: 08.30 am
09.20 am: With breakfast will move to base village get ready for trek..
10.00 am: Start The Trek
12.30 pm: Will be on the top and explore surrounding with our lunch.
02.00 pm: Will return to base village
05.30 pm: Back to Nagothane railway station from here we can catch train or by bus in 1and 1/2 hour reach to Panvel.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID Proof.
- Approx 3 ltr water.
- Lunch for the day.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Some Snacks.
- Should wear good trekking shoes.
- Full Sleeve Shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant.
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woollen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”.
Ananda:- 98922 19155