The spur on which Sagargad fort is built holds a somewhat central position in the range of hills that forms the backbone of Alibag. this fort is also known as "Khed Durg".This fort can be seen from the alibagh-pen road and is identified by the vanartok pinnacle which stand adjutant to the fort. Sagargad was perhaps never a place of consequence except under the Angres. It is mentioned in 1713 as one of sixteen fortified posts that were given to Kanhoji Angre by Pesva Balaji Visvanath.
Region: Raigad .
Height: 1357 ft .(appx)
Type: Hill Fort
The fort has two main attractions. One is a cave which is named as Saptarshi cave. Another is a waterfall named Dhondane and having height approx 300 ft.
Main entrance is on the Northern side and has two bastions around it. Sagargad has a small water tank on the western side. It provides beautiful views of mid Konkan ranges in the east in which one can see Manikgad, Karnala, Mirya Dongar and Mirgad. On the western side it provides views of Arabian Sea and sea coast around Revdanda. Towards north one can see Dharamtar creek. On the southern side there is pinnacle called Vanarlingi. There is also a citadel on the highest point and it is covered by wall and 5 bastions. On the southern end of citadel there is one water tank which is all silted now and has a small temple and stone lamp post.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from by ST from Panvel to Khandale
- Return Travelling By Khandale to Panvel by ECHO
- Sunday : Breakfast , afternoon refreshment.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Inclusions”.
- Packaged Water,Meal/cold drink, Extra food (Private Orders),
- Personal Expenditure of any kind,
- Toilet Facility.
- Any kind of INSURANCE Coverage,Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
Panvel ST Stand by 7.00 am
09.00 am – With Breakfast will reach Khandale Base village of Sagargad
09.15 am – With intro Start trek.
10.30 am – Reach to Machi
12.30 pm – Reach to Sagargad and explore fort
01.30 pm – Lunch
02.00 pm – Start return to base village
04.30 pm – Reach at base village
07.00 pm – Tentatively reach to Panvel
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID Proof.
- Approx 3 ltr water.
- Lunch for the day.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Some Snacks.
- Should wear good trekking shoes.
- Full Sleeve Shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant.
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woollen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”.
Ananda:- 98922 19155