Trek:-Thanale Rock-cut caves
Region: - Pali, Raigad.
Grade: - Easy.
Elevation :- Approx 1400 feet.
Nature:- Dence Forest.
The Caves of Thanale, which are believed to be 2,200 years old, can be reached by a 2 hour trek from Thanale village. The caves encompass an arrangement of about 20-22 halls, each meticulously provided with spaces in the form of benches and reclining platforms. The most aesthetic of the halls, which was once an important congregation center for prayers, features many Stupas. The last vestiges found in one of the caves point to an association with the erstwhile Mauryan dynasty. There are exquisite carvings decorating the ceilings and doors.
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast &tea
- Travelling from Nagothane railway station to Nagothane by arranged tum-tum / Max / Tata Magic Rick.
- Expertise Charge.
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather etc..
- Any kind of insurance or medical coverage
Meeting Point: 08.30 am at Nagothane Railway Station.
To reach you can follow below train with your ticket or you can catch ST for Nagothane from Panvel.
Train Time: Diva - Sawatwadi Passenger (50105)
Diva Jn : 06.20 am
Panvel : 07.00 am
Pen : 07.59 am
Nagothane: 08.30 am
09.20 am: With breakfast will move to base village get ready for trek..
10.00 am: Start walking towards rock cut caves through dense forest
12.30 pm: Will reach to caves and explore surrounding with our lunch.
02.00 pm: Will start our return trek to base village
05.30 pm: Back to Nagothane railway station from here we can catch train or by bus in 1and 1/2 hour reach to Panvel.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID Proof.
- Approx 3 ltr water.
- Lunch for the day.
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Some Snacks.
- Should wear good trekking shoes.
- Full Sleeve Shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant.
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woollen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”.
Prathmesh:- 70400 10929
Ananda:- 98922 19155