Rajmachi is a fort in Karjat region. There are two forts which were built by Shivaji Emperor during 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 17 km trekking distance from Lonavla. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat (ghat between Mumbai and Pune) which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures - the Shrivardhan fort and Manoranjan fort. Rajmachi can be reached by 2 ways, the tough route from Kondivide village near Karjat and the other easy but long way route from Lonavala.
Duration: 1 Ngt + 1 Day trek.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3600 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: Easy- medium
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Kondiwade to Karjat
- Sat Ngt stay charges,
- Sun Breakfast & Lunch
- Expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travelling from Dadar to Lonavala by Train
- Travelling from Karjat to home, Sat/Sun Dinner.
- Any Kind of insurence
- Kal Bhairava temple is situated in the col between Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Local inhabitants worship Kal Bhairava even today.
- There are two Fortresses on Rajmachi – the taller one in the east is Shrivardhan fort and the other in the west is Manaranjan fort. Rajmachi is a unique fort having wide plateau on all sides of the twin fortresses.
- The Buddhist caves on the western slope of Rajmachi plateau (at present known as Kondhane caves) were carved in the period around 200 BC. The existence of these ancient caves indicates that Rajmachi had been identified as an important place right from the Buddhist period.
The tentative itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
Meeting Point: Lonavala Station (Platform No 1 , Near Ticket Counter)
The journey starts with the Latur Express. People interested should catch this train from respective stations with ticket till lonavala station. (Please get your respected stations at least half an hour earlier, as there might be a long queue for the tickets).
Train Timings: - 22107-CSTM LATUR EXP
CST - 09.00 pm Dadar – 09.31 pm Thane –09.34 pm
Kalyan – 09.51 pm Lonavla –11.23 pm
With an intro will start walking till rajmachi village (approx 10 km) in the presence of Curved Moon.
Stay at Villager’s House, (carry Bedding / Sleeping Bag) and take rest.
Wake up at 7 am.
With an breakfast explore fort.
Will have Lunch in the village itself.
Start Descend towards Karjat Side by 02:00pm
Enroute visit Kondane caves
Reach Karjat by 7.00 pm.
Before registering please check: Vrangers Rules & Regulation
For Registration & more details, contact our "Rangers"
Ananda: - 98922 19155
Registration will be done by phone call only, so if call not received then please sms your name & mail-id.
A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking, id proof, approx 3 ltr water, Torch with extra batteries, plate, spoon, bowl, bedding like shawl, mat, woolen jacket, towel, some snacks, Should wear good trekking shoes, full sleeve shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant, carry some extra cloths, Mosquito’s repellent etc….
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid….
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woolen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.