Monsoon is just around the corner and tiny insects are soon going to be shaking themselves out of a long slumber for another mating season. One of these insects are fireflies, which are glow bugs that exhibit bio-luminescence, a phenomenon that makes them glow in the dark to attract a mate. After a certain amount of rainfall, and if the humidity is high enough, fireflies can be easily spotted in an expanse of rich forest cover.
If this excites you, and if you want to see the gorgeous fireflies twinkling in the dark, join us for the trail to Rajmachi Fort.
The historical relevance of the Rajmachi Peak goes back to the first Anglo-Maratha War, when the route to this fort was used by porters. Post-independence, the two prominent forts on this peak, the Shrivardhan Fort and the Manaranjan Fort were declared as protected monuments.
- Type: Hill Fort
- Duration: 1 Ngt + 1 Day trek.(approx 10 km walk)
- Height: 3600 Feet above MSL (Approx)
- Grade: Easy- medium
- Range: Karjat.
What is included in the tour
- Return Travelling from Udhewadi to Lonavla.
- Sat Night Local Homestay Charges.
- Sun Breakfast & Lunch.
- Expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Kind of Insurance
- Train Ticket
- Any kind of Personal Private Ordered food
- Medical coverage or anything other than mentioned above.
- Tungarli Dam
- Night Walk approx 12 Km
- Spectacular views
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712 & Mahadev Temple
- Shrivardhan Balekilla
- If time permits Manaranjan
- Very scenic trail
- Buddhist caves.
- Meeting Point : Lonavla Station by 10.30 pm
- 11.00 pm : will move towards Rajmachi & Enjoy route in search of Fireflies (Approx 10 Km)
- 03:30 pm: Will Reach to Udhewadi & take Rest.
- 06.30 am : Wake up call
- 07.30 am : With breakfast will Visit & Explore Rajmachi (No Proper Washroom or Toilet Facility)
- 12.30 pm : Lunch
- 02.00 pm: With Memories will move towards Lonavala by arranged local vehicle.
- 03.30pm: Back to Lonavla and depart with sweet memories.(Kindly Note: If Their is rain then please get ready to walk till lonavla
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking, id proof, Approx 3 ltr water, Should wear good trekking shoes as we are going to do trek in night, full sleeve shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant, carry some extra cloths, bedding like Mat & Shawl or Sleeping Bag, Plate & Spoon,Torch with extra batteries, some snacks etc...
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Non-compulsory items but helpful:
Cap, Sunglasses, Woollen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
(It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.)
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”,
Kadambari: 80 82 421 824
Ananda: 98 92 219 155