“Ratan” means jewel. Ratangad is known as the jewel fort. It is situated in dense forests of Kalsubai –Harishchandragad range and offers a very beautiful view from the top.
Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called 'Nedhe' or 'Eye of the Needle'.The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. The sculptures of Lord Ganesh and Hanuman are seen on the main gate. It also has many wells on the top.
Alongwith trek one more attraction at Ratanwadi is the Amruteshwar Temple, famous for its carvings, dating back to the Hemadpant Era - roughly from the eighth century. The fort is origin for the river Pravara / Amrutvahini.
Fort Type: Hill
Maximum Height: 4255 ft.
Base Village: Ratanwadi.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling From Kasara To Kasara By Local arranged jeep/max vehicle.
- Breakfast and Tea
- Evening Refreshment
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Extra food (Private Orders)
- Dinner & Lunch
- Personal Expenditure of any kind,
- INSURANCE Coverage
- Any other charges not specifically mentioned in Inclusions.
◆ Ratangad : Jewel fort - 400 years old which was captured by King of Maratha
◆ 'Nedhe' or 'Eye of the Needle'.It’s approx 10×60 feet natural hole in the mountain top probably caused by wind erosion.
◆ Natural scenic beauty surrounding of entire Bhandardara dam( Lake Arthur)
◆ Amruteshwar temple - Hemadpant era of the 8th century
◆ Two Caves
◆ Dense forests Jungle route
◆ Forts four gates: Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak
◆ Rock cut water cisterns and many wells
◆ Beautiful view from the top neighbouring forts like Alang, kulang, Madan gad, Harishchandragad, Patta....
Kasara Super fast local (N) :
- 22.50 CST
- 23.05 Dadar
- 23:13 Kurla
- 23:18 Ghatkopar
- 23:34 Thane
- 23:57 Dombivali
- 00:07 Kalyan
- 01:18 Kasara
- 03.30 am: Via Kasara will reach to base village Ratanwadi.
- 05.30 am: Will take rest.
- 06.00 am: Wakeup call.
- 07.00 am: Intro with Breakfast & tea.
- 07.30 am: Will start the trek.
- 12.00 am: Reach to top of the fort & explore fort and lunch.
- 01.30 pm: Will start descending.
- 04.00 pm: Will back to base.
- 04.30 pm: will start return journey to Dadar.
- 08.30 pm: Back to Dadar.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- ID proof, 4 ltr water must, Torch with extra batteries.
- Please wear good trekking / Climbing shoe or Bata Fitness shoe.
- Full sleeve shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant, Cap, Carry some extra cloths.
- Some snacks
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation