Although worth mentioning as the jewel in the crown of forts in the district of Raigad, there is no significant history attached to this fort. Near the caves on the fort are visible some remnants of fortification. This is the only sign to designate Chanderi as a fort. Chanderi is famous for water streams (in rainy season) and its difficult route (in all season).
Trek: Chanderi Trek (Overnight Trek)
Height: 2330 ft.
Grade: Hard (Trek Experience Required).
Type: Hill Fort.
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from Vangani To Vangani via Local transport.
- Sunday Breakfast & Afternoon Refreshment.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Extra food (Private Orders).
- Personal Expenditure of any kind.
- INSURANCE Coverage,
- Sunday Lunch
- Any other charges not specifically mention in “Cost includes”.
- Chanderi is mentioned as one of the difficult treks due to its tricky turns in the forest and lengthy route.
- One can reach till the caves in monsoon.
- From cave to till top is an amazing route which trekkers do in winter and summer only.
- Here one needs to have help of rope to cross the patches.
- From cave it will take one and half hour to reach top.
- One need to reach till cave we need to go from dry waterfall.
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit every time on cost of the events so please CLICK HERE and update your details to get unique VRA-ID. (You will receive id within 48 hrs except Sat/Sun via email)
Train Timings: CST-KHOPOLI Fast Local.
CST 09.58 pm Byculla 10.05 pm Dadar 10.11 pm
Kurla 10.19 pm Ghatkopar 10.23 pm Bhandup 10.31pm
Thane 10.39 pm Dombivali 10.51 pm Kalyan 11.02 pm
Vangani 11.28 pm
Gather @ Vangani Station
11.40 pm: Will go to chincholi by Private Tum-Tum / Rickshaw.
12.15 am: Reach to Base village of chanderi.
12.30 am: Start trek in Moon light.
04.00 am: Reach to top & rest in cave.
06.30 am: Wake up call
07.00 am: With breakfast will start moving towards adventurous chanderi top.
09.30 am: Will be on the Chanderi top.
12.30 pm: Back to cave.
03.00 pm: Back to Chincholi Village.
04.30 pm: Reach to Badlapur or Vangani Station.
A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking, id proof, Approx 3 ltr water, One small bag while climbing, Sunday Lunch, Torch with extra batteries, some snacks, Should wear good trekking shoes, full sleeve shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant, Sleeping bag, Cup, some snacks etc...
Cap, Sunglasses, Bhandana or Stole, Woolen Jacket, Camera, Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry, mosquitoes repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”.
Sudhir: - 91675 46547
Ananda:- 98922 19155